• Drivers for continuous secondary OSD
• Technical barriers for implementation
• TSG case study ( residence time distribution and process
• Proposed focus areas for future platform evolution
The pharmaceutical industry is under tremendous pressure to change. For manufacturing and product development, industry is striving to deliver :
• Enhanced product quality, quality assurance and process robustness
• Small flexible manufacturing footprint at low cost and environmental impact
• Minimised development and technical transfer costs and resources.
This has driven a move towards continuous OSD manufacturing. This presentation will review drivers for change, some of the technical barriers to implementation with reference to a TSG case study.
It will conclude with a perspective on areas for focus in the future.
R&D continuous secondary OSD engineering lead